PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
We, www.etender.my website (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) recognize the importance of privacy and sensitivity of personal information. As required under the Personal Data Protection Act, 2010, the purpose of this Personal Data Protection Notice is to inform you how we collect and process your personal data when you appoint or engage us to provide services, when you access and use our website or interact with us including through meetings, email, telephone calls or events.
The following statement explains what personal information we may obtain from you (the “User” or the “End User”) and how we use that personal information. By registering as a user of any services provided by www.etender.my website and by using the website in general, you consent to us using, collecting and processing your personal data in the manner contemplated in this Notice.
What Personal Information Do We Gather From Customers?
When you register for and use this website, the following types of personal information are gathered:
• Name, nationality, gender, NRIC/Passport number, residency status, correspondence address, contact details including mobile, office and residential telephone number and facsimile number, email address, banking details, financial/creditworthiness information.
• Employment category, name of employer and office address, details of relationship with the company;
• Any additional information provided by you or third parties about you.
Source of Personal Data
• Personal data will be mainly collected from you. However some personal data may also be collected by us from other available sources including but not limited to credit reporting agencies, government department or agencies, public registries, website, social media, publications, events, seminars or conferences.
• Our Website and/or our authorized Third Party Service Providers and Advertisers automatically collect certain information regarding Website users whenever you interact with us, through the use of electronic tools, such as Cookies. Some examples of such information collected are, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the Website, the Internet address of the Website from which you linked directly to the Website, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Web Site you visit, the Website pages accessed and information viewed, and the materials you post to or download from the Website.
• We receive and store any information that the End User enters on our Web Site or provides us in any other way. Such information may be procured, among other ways, when you register for an account, purchase a product or service from us, make a post on a discussion forum, request for information about our services, take part in a survey, enter a contest or sweepstake sponsored by us, submit a review, send us feedback, submit an affiliate agreement, send information or a product to another person, apply for a job vacancy, post a video or sign up for special offers from third parties through the Web Site.
• Subject to the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If the mandatory information for a particular activity is not provided upon request, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
• We will be duly notified when you open an e-mail from us, if your computer supports such capabilities. We will compare our list of end users to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending duplicate or unnecessary messages to the end users.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use the information you provide to us or the information that we obtain:
• To verify your identity;
• To communicate with you including responding to your enquiries;
• All purposes related to or in connection with our services rendered;
• For our operations and administrative purposes;
• To assist in the preventions, detections or investigation of crime or possible criminal activities;
• For security and internal audit purposes;
• For such other purposes as may be directed or consented by you;
• To fulfil our agreement with you, provide products and services to you and to facilitate payment processes;
• To provide to companies and other organizations whose products you are ordering or have orderedwe are providing to you e.g. home appliances, electronic goods;
• To analyse your Website use and shopping preferences in efforts to improve and personalize our marketing and promotional efforts and product and service offerings to you;
• To contact you and to keep you informed of products and services including special offers, promotions, discounts, offers, competitions and so on from us, or our partners or advertisers;
• To enhance the operation of the Website, administer the Website, troubleshoot, analyse trends, gather general demographic data, and comply with relevant Malaysian law;
• To administer sweepstakes and contests;
• To tailor your experience with third parties;
• To share your information with our authorized Third Party Service Providers and Advertisers to measure the overall effectiveness of our content, online advertising campaigns and programming;
• To resolve disputes, troubleshoot and accomplish administrative tasks;
• To advertise online using Display Advertising and Remarketing with Google Analytics. You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Ad Preferences Manager; and
• For all other purposes in relation and incidental to the above.
More information about Cookies
• Note that the cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. Also note that we do not exchange cookies with third party websites or external data suppliers.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Personal Information of our end user is an essential part of our business. We are not in the business of selling your personal information to other parties. We share customer information based upon the guidelines below:
• We may share some or all of information (other than credit card information) with companies whose products you are ordering or have orderedwe are supplying to you.
• We may provide your information to third-party service providers who work on behalf of or with us to provide some of the services and features of the Website and to help us communicate with you. Examples of such services include sending email, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service.
• We may remarket your information. Remarketing is a way for us to connect with users, based upon your previous interactions with the Website. Third-party marketing vendors may be hired by REDNET(M) SDN BHD to perform such remarketing services.
• We may share your content preferences and other information with the social network with which you have connected to the Website, along with those companies and persons you have asked us to share your information with.
• In the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be among the assets transferred. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and are permitted by this Notice, and that any acquirer of ours or that acquirer’s assets may continue to process your personal information as set forth in this Notice.
• We may share your information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary for our protection and the protection of Others. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with legal and regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
• We may disclose automatically obtained information with our Partners, Affiliates and Advertisers. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information with “Third Party Advertisers” or “Third Party Advertising Companies”.
• By use of the Website, you are consenting to us sharing your personal information under the circumstances described herein.
• Third-party vendors, including Google, show www.etender.my ads on sites across the Internet.
• www.etender.my and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your visit to www.etender.my
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
We acknowledge that you have the right in deciding the information you wish to provide to us. The provisions of the information listed above is voluntary in nature. However, please note that if you do not provide the information above or limit the way such information is to be processed, it may result in us not being able to: -
• communicate or correspond with you; and/or
• grant your access to our website
How Secure Is My Personal Information?
We work to keep our servers, applications and databases secure and free from unauthorized access and use, by using physical, administrative and technological measures to protect the information we received. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online. By engaging in online shopping and transactions, you are accepting the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any security breach unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
What Choices Do I Have In Managing My Personal Information?
• As stated above, you can always choose not to provide the information requested. However, the information may be essential to complete a purchase transaction or to take advantage of the full features of the Website.
• You may at any time view or modify any of your registered details on www.etender.my, by logging into your account and accessing the “SIGN UP” section of the Website. Once logged in you can change any of the details shown and followed by clicking ‘update my details’. You may also modify your registered details by emailing us at email@example.com.
• If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by hitting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our e-mails. When contacting us, please indicate “unsubscribe” in the title and provide your name, address, email address, and what promotional emails you do not want to receive.
• The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Cookies allow you to take full advantage of the functionality and features of the Website. Without the aid of cookies, certain features of www.etender.my Websites may not function properly.
We reserve the right to modify or change the Notice at any time. When there are any changes to the Notice, an updated version of the Notice will be published on the Website. We would advise you to check this Notice on our website from time to time for amendment or updates. By continuing to use or engage our services, to use our website or to communicate with us subsequent to any amendments or updates to this Notice, it would confirm and indicate your acceptance to the amendments or updates to this Notice.
The accuracy and completeness of your personal data depends on the information you provided. We assume that the information you have provided is accurate, up to date and complete unless you inform us otherwise.
Where you provide any third party information to us including but not limited to employer, colleagues, family information, it is our assumption that such information is accurate, up to date and complete and that you have obtained the necessary consent to disclose the same.